Whoever came up with this Lemonade Award, I salute you. What a lovely idea to honor those who make a habit of making the best of things. And I am honored to receive it, even though I think that the person who gave it to me is far more deserving than I! Thank you, Alicia! Alicia writes Welcome to My Planet, a blog I love to read for her thought-provoking, emotion-filled posts as much as the humorous ones.
As all awards do, this one comes with a few rules:
– Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.
– Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.
– Link the nominees within your post.
– Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
– Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
But with this award, I’m going to bend the rules a little – ‘cause 10 is a lot of typin’ and linkin’ (although Alicia did a magnificent job with her list)! Frankly, in my opinion every single blog I read is worthy of this award. And so are all my friends who don’t have blogs. I learn so much from all of you, and you enrich my life immeasurably (I think I wrote about that recently). That said, I would like to nominate five blogs in particular that come to mind for this award.
First, to Tera at This Is My Reality. I’ve been reading her blog for quite some time, and she has such an enjoyable writing style that draws you in with her gracious words and insightful observations. She writes about her life in Belgium with her husband and two sons, one of whom is a teen with autism. Tera so eloquently and honestly shares her joys and fears, the ups and downs, and doing the best she can with all of it.
Also, to Nicki of Slow Down, Gym Shoe! Nicki is an exceptional writer (her fiction is incredible) and a caregiver for her nieces and nephew. She is currently doing an amazing Totschool program with the kids and is starting her own preschool. She also writes about special needs issues and inspires me with her positive outlook, no matter what’s going on in her life.
The next three are some blogs that I only recently started reading, but when awards like this go around, I usually like to highlight blogs that are new to me. I certainly look forward to reading more!
- Kim at The Roc Chronicles, who writes about her son on the spectrum and has had some exciting positive reports lately!
- Corrie at Just Because My Pickle Talks Doesn’t Make Me an Idiot, who writes about her son with Asperger’s and various special needs topics in an enjoyable, conversational style.
- Brenda at Mama Be Good, also an autie mom, who writes beautifully descriptive anecdotes about life with her son.
Here’s to lots more lemonade!