I’ve been seeing this meme going around the blogosphere for a bit, and every time I see it I think about what I might list as my quirks. And now I’ve been tagged with it (by Bonnie at Autism Family Adventures), so I’ve got to censor narrow down my quirks to six. Herewith, I admit to the following as unsheepishly as possible:
- I am obsessed with peeling sunburns. You take your life in your hands if you walk past me and I happen to notice skin flaking off your shoulders. My sons run from me. And I don’t just peel skin off of other people; I enjoy peeling my own sunburns even more. But since I do wear sunscreen daily, my opportunities for self-peeling are limited.
- I love the different textures of my hair. I love when I run my fingers through it and discover one that’s coarse and wiry hidden among the rest of the straight hair. I love how it feels on my fingers.
- Everyone has their own scent (and not the sprayed-on kind). When I am in close proximity to people I know well, I discreetly inhale their scent. With my kids I am more direct; I walk right up behind them and smell the tops of their heads. (If this is starting to sound like I’m a little “atypical,” I would wholeheartedly agree with that assessment.)
- I am freakishly good at word searches. I can find them diagonally/backwards and any other way. If a word is in a word search, I will find it, and usually quickly. When Aidan brings one home from school, I have to restrain myself not to do it for him.
- I only sleep on my left side, although this is more of a forced quirk, since it’s because of a snowboarding injury to my right shoulder a couple of years ago. No more jumps for me!
- I have not worn a watch in twenty years. Instead, every day for twenty years I have worn a silver bracelet that my grandmother gave to me. If that bracelet could talk, this list of quirks would have no end.
And now it’s time to pass the fun. The rules of this meme are as follows:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks you possess.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
But here’s the thing: when you play tag, you only have to tag one person. So I am going to bend the rules and only tag one other blogger whose quirks I’m dying to know . . . Osh at The House That Osh Built! Thanks for indulging me (and my quirks)!